It is important to maintain a secure password to prevent spammers from taking advantage of your account. One of the easiest things you can do to secure your account is to routinely change the passwords on your account. You should utilize separate passwords for each email address and each online account you own to make sure they are fully secured. When you use the same password across multiple emails or accounts, it makes it easier for malicious individuals to steal your personal information and gain access to your accounts.
You will need to use an 8 to 32 character password only known to yourself. Your password should not be something easy to guess. Do not reuse a previous password that you have used on another site or with another email address and avoid common passwords like trust, password or p8ssw0rd.
Here are the specific requirements for all new passwords. The more complex you make it, the harder it will before someone to compromise it later.
- All passwords must be between 8-32 characters
- All passwords must contain at least 3 of the following
- Upper Case letter
- Lower Case letter
- Special character
How to Change your Password in MyAccount
- Sign into EarthLink MyAccount using your EarthLink Primary or Account Email Address.
- Click on Account Security in the left navigation menu.
- Select the Username or Email address you want to change in the drop down menu.
- Click "Click Expand to update your password" next to Change Password
- Enter your current password and then enter your new password in the New Password and Confirm Password fields.
- If your new password meets the minimum requirements, click "Change Password" to save your changes.