Windows 10 computers no longer have built-in dialup modems. You may need to have one installed by a computer technician, or a USB plugin dialup modem may be available for purchase at your local computer store.
- In the bottom right-hand corner of the desktop, click the Network icon. This icon may appear differently depending on whether or not WiFi networks are detecetd in the area, as shown below.
- Select Dial-up Connection.
- This will bring up the Network & Internet settings window. Click Dial-up on the right-hand side of the window to expand that option, and then click the Connect button.
- Fill in the following details. We recommend ticking "Save this user name and password for the following users..." and selecting "Anyone who uses this computer".
User name: Your dialup username (e.g. email@example.com)
Password: Your dialup password
- Click Dial to finish. Your computer should now be connected to the internet. If the connection fails because the phone line is busy, try again when the Home Phone is not in use.